REGENTS INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL FOOTBALL ACADEMY: FOOTBALL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS FOR AUGUST 2018
Applications are now open for external candidates.
The Regent's Football Academy has opened a fantastic opportunity for football enthusiasts between the ages of 9 and 15 who aim to develop their skills in the sport and remain academically competent.
These scholarships will be awarded following decisions made by the Academy Director and coaches. In most cases this will follow a trial or other evidence of high performance. It is expected that the scholarships will be awarded to students who have the ability and desire to play the sport at a professional level.
The Regent's Football Academy operates a system where students in our school receive high quality coaching from staff that are trained in the following areas:
- TECHNICAL: Elite football players require the ability to create, score and prevent goals through excellence in both attacking and defensive situations. The execution of the movement and the technique is the basis for initiating any successful action.
- TACTICAL: Future elite players will be equipped with the skills, abilities and decision-making capability to tactically manage themselves in highly competitive situations. Being able to recognise and adapt to the state of the game is a vital part of the formation of the tactically intelligent player.
- PHYSICAL: Football has physically demanding high energy costs, requiring players to have general and specific training for high intensity play. A range of fitness components are required to tolerate the demands of the modern game and we aim to assist in developing these attributes through our comprehensive training methods.
- PSYCHOLOGICAL: Players who are able to be reflective, resourceful and resilient are an essential element in creating the successful development of a footballer.
- SOCIAL: Developing outstanding social skills across areas such as behavior, reflection, responsibility and teamwork will enable players to access the highest levels of football.
Apart from intensive training and recognition, students will also be a part of a diverse student body and experience high quality international education. Our highly qualified teachers will help prepare the students for international examinations (IGCSE and IB Diploma) that will eventually lead the students to get a placement in an university of their choice.
To apply, fill in this application form digitally or in writing and email the document to our Head of PE at email@example.com