Five-year review by the Council of International Schools and ONESQA
Purpose and progress
This visit is the midway point in a 10 year journey for Regent's International School, Bangkok. Its primary function is to monitor progress and development since the last visit. From this perspective the visit was a great success and extremely positive.
- Visitors felt that the school has come a long way since the first visit five years ago.
- Visiting classes was a pleasure and students were consistently constructively engaged in their own learning.
- The environment is focused on the school mission and in providing students with a positive learning environment.
- There are clear and important connections with internationalism.
- There is an appreciation for Thai culture throughout the school.
More details of comments by visitors
- The school has responded to recommendations made following the first visit.
- The recent reunification of primary and secondary schools on the Rama 9 campus has provided impetus renewed focus on progression.
- Under the leadership of the new Principal the school is beginning a thorough review of its mission and vision.
- The refurbishing of the boarding houses is significant and impressive. The boarding facilities are an area of strength and very well equipped.
- The school has a very clear strategy for communicating important and essential information.
- The Round Square philosophy is embedded in school life and spoken about positively enthusiastically by students, parents and teachers.
- Thai nationals and foreign learners demonstrate good attitudes towards Thai culture and participate in various Thai activities.
- Thai learning projects have been created to meet the school mission and help students become good people who care for each other. Thai teachers demonstrate knowledge, understanding and good practices.
- Students demonstrate good citizenship and manners towards each other, share mutual respect and speak politely and appropriately.
- Students are bright and empowered in many constructive ways. This is a strength of this school.